After months of experimenting, we are delighted to share with you our Everyday Earth Oil, a light and luscious, head-to-toe body oil designed for everyday use. This collaborative body oil comes in a natural-dyed muslin tote bag handcrafted by Fee of Blau California.
Our Everyday Earth Oil is held in the philosophy of elements and temperaments. Embracing our direct connection to the earth itself, we believe in the magic of nature to imbibe in the deep nourishment of our mother. Every drop is part of a cosmic story told through her, created by us. Our intention is to carry the magic of earth all day long.
We use Ojai Olive Oil, organic jojoba and locally grown herbs and essential oils for this incredible product. Each ingredient was chosen with intention and care to create the a luxurious and nourishing face + body oil that is unlike any other.
WHAT IT IS
A light and luscious, head to toe body oil designed for everyday use. The Everyday Earth Oil is made with gentle, all natural herbs and oils to nourish and revitalize skin and hair.
HOW TO USE
Warm 1-2 pumps in the palm of your hand to release the scent and energy of earth. Apply to face and body after cleansing. For best results, use daily as needed for deep nourishment and support. This everyday oil can also be used as an oil cleanser, shaving oil, hair treatment or lymphatic massage oil.
- This golden “oil” is actually a liquid plant wax. Due to its advanced molecular stability, it makes an excellent carrier oil. Jojoba oil’s humectant properties help form a protective layer on the skin, holding moisture in while allowing it to breathe. Jojoba contains vitamin E, antioxidants, and antimicrobial and anti-fungal compounds. Because it is noncomedogenic and hypoallergenic, it is safe for most skin types. We soak chamomile flowers in jojoba oil for 6+ weeks to extract all of the delicate enzymes and terpenes to create a base for the Everyday Earth Oil. This solar extraction takes place in a sunny window housed in Miron Violet glass where it is "charged" with violet light from the sun. You can read more about this extraction process and why we use Miron glass for all of our packaging here.
Ojai Olive oil Olea europaea
- Olive oil contains antioxidants that fight free-radical damage, preventing premature aging and repairing environmental damage. It contains a compound called squalene, which is extremely hydrating and nourishing for the skin. Olive oil also contains a wide range of nutritional constituents for the skin, including vitamins A, D, K and E. We use olive oil as one of the main oils for our solar Miron glass infusions, since it is relatively stable and, due to its high fat content, extracts nutrients from herbs more efficiently than many other oils. We use organically grown, cold-pressed olive oil from the Ojai Valley.
Chamomile Matricaria chamomilla
- Chamomile is an incredible skin care herb for all ages and all skin types. It is extremely gentle yet highly effective for soothing a myriad of ailments. This tiny but mighty flower contains several polyphenols and phytochemicals which have powerful anti-inflammatory properties. It also contains several antioxidants which help to repair sun or environmental damage. These antioxidants help to protect and repair the skin without being to harsh or detoxifying.
Calendula Calendula officinalis
- Hailed for its regenerative and protective properties, calendula is the ultimate skin-care herb. It contains a multitude of nutritional constituents such as carotenoids, vitamins A and E, and linoleic acid. Calendula is naturally antibacterial and anti-inflammatory and helps to soothe many problematic skin conditions, ranging from infections to scar tissue. This abundant, resilient herb is grown on our micro-farm in Ojai, and its yellow pedals brighten up the garden throughout the spring and summer. Calendula flowers are also edible.
Cedar wood Cedrus atlantica
- This incredible essential oil is known for its skin soothing properties, aiding in healing itchiness, redness or irritation from insect bites and other inflammatory skin conditions. Cedar wood essential oil helps to regulate sebum production, helping to eliminate acne-causing bacteria. Due it its natural antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, cedar wood is an excellent ingredient for all skin types. For the hair, cedar wood is known to cleanse the scalp and encourage circulation which helps to stimulate healthy grown and slow hair loss.
Cardamom Elettaria cardamomum
- Cardamom is one of the lesser known heroic herbs for skin care but it packs a punch. This aromatic seed pod contains a high amount of vitamin C along with several other antioxidants and anti-inflammatory phytochemicals. Hailed for its skin lightening properties, cardamom also helps to fight free radical damage while repairing and nourishing the skin. It may help to improve circulation which in turn speeds healing. Cardamom contains several anti-bacterial and anti-fungal terpenes which help to prevent acne and occasional breakouts.
Vetiver Chrysopogon zizanioides
- Vetiver essential oil aids in wound healing, reducing the appearance of scars and skin blemishes. It encourages skin cell regeneration and helps to protect against environmental and sun damage by way of assisting in the body's natural dead skin cell removal process. This aromatic grass has an uplifting and energetic frequency helping to brighten and enhance your overall constitution. Vetiver helps to balance the pH of your skin while toning and tightening pores.
Clary Sage Salvia sclarea
- Hailed as the everyday women's herb, clary sage has gentle astringent properties for skin and scalp. It is an excellent skin care herb for toning and revitalizing oily or combination skin. It is calming for the skin and mind, great for hormone-related symptoms PMS, cramps, water retention, bloating and moodiness. This incredible herb positively impacts several body systems including circulatory, endocrine, digestive, muscular and nervous. Clary sage compliments the deep vetiver notes and adds a light, floral bergamot scent to the Everyday Earth Oil.