As a token of our appreciation, each year we take the time to make a special product as a gift for you during the holiday season. This product is not available for purchase on our website but will be included as a complimentary gift when you spend $150 or more in our online store.
Here are the 2021 GARA Gift Week Details :
Spend $150+ and receive a 1oz Bee Balm
WHAT IT IS
We created this product as a multi-use skin care salve to showcase the abundance of the Ojai Valley. Made with 5 simple ingredients, the Bee Balm has a multitude of uses and applications for skin care and beyond. Each ingredient is grown or processed here in the Ojai Valley.
HOW TO USE
This versatile salve can be used as a face and body moisturizer, lick-able lip conditioner, wound salve, foot and hand cream and more. It's gentle yet effective and helps to support the skin's natural regenerative mechanisms. Lather head-to-toe after cleansing or anytime your skin needs some extra moisture.
Cold-Pressed EV Ojai Olive Oil, Raw Beeswax, Calendula, Full-Spectrum Hemp Extract*, Propolis, Fir Needle
*200mg CBD derived from Hemp
LOCAL HEROIC HERBS
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Olive oil contains antioxidants that fight free-radical damage, preventing premature aging and repairing environmental damage. It contains a compound called squalene, which is extremely hydrating and nourishing for the skin. Olive oil also contains a wide range of nutritional constituents for the skin, including vitamins A, D, K and E. We use olive oil as one of the main oils for our solar Miron glass infusions, since it is relatively stable and, due to its high fat content, extracts nutrients from herbs more efficiently than many other oils. We use organically grown, cold-pressed olive oil from the Ojai Olive Oil.
- We use raw, unfiltered beeswax from our local beekeepers at Mission Beekeeping. This incredible substance is made by bees in the hive and consists of fatty acids and long-chain alcohols. Beeswax is often used as a base or stabilizer in cosmetic products because it can create a protective layer on the skin. It has humectant properties which means that it helps to draw and lock moisture in the skin for ultimate hydration. Beeswax is also a natural exfoliator which means it helps the body slough away dead skin cells.
- Propolis is a waxy combination of tree sap and beeswax formed by bees in the hive to ward off bacteria, fungus and other potentially dangerous microorganisms. This sticky substance has powerful antibacterial and anti-fungal properties that help to keep the bees and the hive healthy. Propolis has been used for thousands of years by ancient Egyptian cultures for wound healing, dental care and beauty routines. Propolis contains bioactive antioxidants and polyphenols which help to fight free radical damage and reduce the signs of aging. Our propolis also comes from our friends at Mission Beekeeping.
- We work closely with our cultivators to ensure 100% organically grown, pesticide-free, full-spectrum hemp oil (FSO). Our FSO is high in cannabidiol (CBD) a non-psychoactive cannabinoid that helps calm inflammation, boost the immune system, and so much more. The results of using CBD on the skin can be immediate and lasting, as it helps to nourish and repair damaged or problematic skin. You can read more about the benefits of CBD in our Hemp Guide.
- Celebrated for its regenerative and protective properties, calendula is the ultimate skin care herb. This aromatic flower contains several nutritional constituents such as carotenoids, vitamins A and E, and linoleic acid. Calendula is naturally antibacterial and anti-inflammatory and helps to soothe many problematic skin conditions, ranging from infections to scar tissue. This abundant, resilient herb is grown on our partner farm, Shear Rock Farms in Upper Ojai.
Douglas Fir Needle
- This sacred tree is native to the Northwestern United States and can be found throughout the Los Padres National Forest north of Ojai. Douglas Fir Needle essential oil is know for its uplifting and cleansing properties. It is naturally antibacterial and anti-fungal, great as a purifying agent for skin and scalp. Douglas Fir Needle has long been used to aid in healing topical wounds, scar tissue and other skin conditions.