Back by popular demand is our seasonal Bee Balm. We made another batch of this dreamy salve that is available while supplies last as part of our Winter Love bundle! This delicious face and body moisturizer is a multi-use skincare salve made from just 5 simple ingredients sourced from the Ojai Valley.
The Bee Balm is an oil-based salve, designed to lock in moisture during these dry, winter months. It can also be used as a deeply nourishing hand and foot cream, lick-able lip conditioner, hair styling salve, wound and burn ointment, personal lubricant and more. Any skin care woe that ails you, this is balm is the antidote. It’s gentle yet effective, suitable for children and pets too! For added hydration, mist liberally with hydrosol before application.
INGREDIENTS: Cold-Pressed EV Ojai Olive Oil, Raw Beeswax, Calendula, Full-Spectrum Hemp Extract*, Propolis, Fir Needle
*200mg CBD derived from Hemp
LOCAL HEROIC HERBS
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Olive oil contains antioxidants that fight free-radical damage, preventing premature aging and repairing environmental damage. It contains a compound called squalene, which is extremely hydrating and nourishing for the skin. Olive oil also contains a wide range of nutritional constituents for the skin, including vitamins A, D, K and E. We use olive oil as one of the main oils for our solar Miron glass infusions, since it is relatively stable and, due to its high fat content, extracts nutrients from herbs more efficiently than many other oils. We use organically grown, cold-pressed olive oil from the Ojai Olive Oil.
- We use raw, unfiltered beeswax from our local beekeepers at Mission Beekeeping. This incredible substance is made by bees in the hive and consists of fatty acids and long-chain alcohols. Beeswax is often used as a base or stabilizer in cosmetic products because it can create a protective layer on the skin. It has humectant properties which means that it helps to draw and lock moisture in the skin for ultimate hydration. Beeswax is also a natural exfoliator which means it helps the body slough away dead skin cells.
- Propolis is a waxy combination of tree sap and beeswax formed by bees in the hive to ward off bacteria, fungus and other potentially dangerous microorganisms. This sticky substance has powerful antibacterial and anti-fungal properties that help to keep the bees and the hive healthy. Propolis has been used for thousands of years by ancient Egyptian cultures for wound healing, dental care and beauty routines. Propolis contains bioactive antioxidants and polyphenols which help to fight free radical damage and reduce the signs of aging. Our propolis also comes from our friends at Mission Beekeeping.
- We work closely with our cultivators to ensure 100% organically grown, pesticide-free, full-spectrum hemp oil (FSO). Our FSO is high in cannabidiol (CBD) a non-psychoactive cannabinoid that helps calm inflammation, boost the immune system, and so much more. The results of using CBD on the skin can be immediate and lasting, as it helps to nourish and repair damaged or problematic skin. You can read more about the benefits of CBD in our Hemp Guide.
- Celebrated for its regenerative and protective properties, calendula is the ultimate skin care herb. This aromatic flower contains several nutritional constituents such as carotenoids, vitamins A and E, and linoleic acid. Calendula is naturally antibacterial and anti-inflammatory and helps to soothe many problematic skin conditions, ranging from infections to scar tissue. This abundant, resilient herb is grown on our partner farm, Shear Rock Farms in Upper Ojai.
Douglas Fir Needle
- This sacred tree is native to the Northwestern United States and can be found throughout the Los Padres National Forest north of Ojai. Douglas Fir Needle essential oil is know for its uplifting and cleansing properties. It is naturally antibacterial and anti-fungal, great as a purifying agent for skin and scalp. Douglas Fir Needle has long been used to aid in healing topical wounds, scar tissue and other skin conditions.
We do our best to explain why each ingredient is chosen and how it works in the formula. Explore all of our herbal ingredients here.