Fennel Seed Hydrosol
Strong licorice and anise, slightly almond tasting with a sugary edge
Note: Sweet Licorice and Anise
Aromatic strength: Strong
- A powerful digestive tonic, soothes gas and bloating
- Highly antibacterial, great for acne or problematic skin
- Stimulates peristalsis and soothes stomachaches of all kinds
- A general digestive system purifier
- Promotes lactation after birth and aids in infant constipation*
- A potent decongestant and expectorant for the respiratory system
- Very powerful and energetic, always dilute before ingesting
- A delicious and versatile hydrosol to use in the kitchen, taste becomes sweeter with dilution.
Read more about this special collaboration with Amalgam Kitchen here.
*Do not spray directly onto infants or children. Avoid long term ingestion and use caution with children under the age of 6. Not recommended during pregnancy.
Mist onto face, neck and chest after cleansing, or whenever your skin needs a boost. Your hydrosol may be used as a therapeutic mist or as a hair and scalp tonic, and can be added to baths or diffusers.
When using the Fennel Seen Hydrosol for digestive support, spray directly onto abdomen. Gently massage the area for 10-15 minutes. Repeat several times per day. This is a very powerful hydrosol, always dilute when ingesting.
Store in a cool, dry place. Do not expose to direct sunlight or heat. For a cooling mist, store in the refrigerator. Discontinue use if irritation occurs. Use within 12-16 months of distillation date.
This aromatic skin tonic is a colloidal suspension of plant acids, minerals, microparticles of essential oil, and other water-soluble compounds found in Foeniculum vulgare. The potent energetic and therapeutic properties of fennel seeds are concentrated in this pure, undiluted hydrosol.
As they are naturally acidic, hydrosols help to balance the pH of the skin, regulate oil production, and clear problematic or irritated skin. This herbal solution also contains water from the plant itself, along with the elemental essence and life force of the plant.
Undiluted Fennel Seed Hydrosol
Botanical Name: Foeniculum vulgare
Origin: Ojai, California
Method: Hydro distillation
Parts used: Seeds